keeping it real

writing about the daily activities or lack there of in life

Saturday, September 18, 2004

In the most strangest twists of fate ever, I spoke to my French teacher from high school last night. I ran into a friend from high school who still keeps in touch with Madame Brandman who is now retired. I asked how and what is she doing. He told me she is a liason for study abroad programs.
I told him I am in Grad School for literature and that I am having a hard time deciding what to focus on because I love French Literature
Satre
Camus
Voltaire
St Exupery-my favorite story ever is that of Le Petit Prince and B16

He told me that she can get me a job teaching English in the south of France.
So I called her
and we spoke
telling lies, affairs, and fine dinners we have shared with l'etrangers over the years.
A gigglegiggle here and there
and we were old pals in no time

She asked would I be interested in teaching English in France?

I said, "Does a bear shit the woods?"
She said, " I dont see how it would be any other way"
I said, "Me neither"

Show me the way to the south of France.
I said if the south of France is unavailable. I can travel North more. Not a problem.
Although the south of France dans au printemps.
Oh La La.
C'est belle
tres belle.

Madame Brandman, the only decent teacher I had. And a long time ago she second guessed whether or not I could handle an AP French class.
To that I say, "oui, Oui, Madame"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home